Every year for my birthday I look back on the year I had. And do a blog post about it. (see 27 Reasons 27 Wasn’t So Bad After All to compare)
What did I accomplish? What did I do that scared me?
What did I return to? What did I try for the first time?
A lot can happen in a year. Everything can change. For the longest time, I used to say my champagne birthday, 22, was the best year yet. Looking back on my 28th year – where it seriously lacked in the romance department, it made up for in the holy shit I got my dream job department.
And for that (and many other reasons) I give you 28 Reasons 28 Rocked. In no particular order this year because let’s face it – I’m way too busy to do this chronologically.
1) I said Aloha Bitches sooner than I’d imagine
3) I returned to the famous Bubba Burgers - home of the best burger in the world (Robert Downey Jr. said so) and my heart.
4) I watched B marry M - and it was perfect.
5) I MC’d my first wedding. Aloooohaaaaa.
6) I had a moment of silence at Pearl Harbor.
7) I got swallowed by an 8ft. wave. And survived. Then did it again.
8) I watched H marry TC - and it was Hawaiian bliss.
9) I reunited with Sheldon.
10) I quit my first serious grown-up job.
11) I got my dream job.
12) I was royally screwed by a hurricane. New York – I will see you in April.
13) I hiked the famous Kalalau Trail.
14) I saw the Saga end.
15) I got bit by an emu. My mom was right. It did leave a scar.
16) I joined the Women’s Progress Club.
17) I was Team Peeta.
18) I watched A marry G - it was a Cape Breton good time.
19) I was there when the Dark Knight Rose.
20) I celebrated my parent’s 30th Wedding Anniversary.
21) I was reunited with fresh California Dungeness Crab - for breakfast. Judge not.
22) I FINALLY experienced the Dole Whip.
23) I tagged a shrimp truck.
24) I experienced THIS sunset.
25) I also experienced THIS sunset.
26) I had a major childhood moment here.
27) I got a Mac. Which I agreed to share with Bella.
28) I got the Starbucks GOLD card.
To my 29th year -
May you be madly epic.